Chapel of Awareness: Basic Precepts of the Philosophy
It is fitting that we bring forth here, the basic precepts that make up the building blocks of our philosophy. They are not new; they are as old as time itself.
- We affirm that there is an Infinite Intelligence in action through all time. Our definition of God is simply that “God Is.”
- We affirm that there is a continuation of the individual beyond that change called “death.”
- We affirm that Reincarnation is one of the major Spiritual Laws and that it is the mechanism through which life evolves towards perfection.
- We affirm that there is a general evolution, from simple to complex forms, both in life forms as well as inanimate matter, and that this same law is in effect in the Physical Universe as it is in the Spiritual Universe.
- We affirm that Heaven and Hell are two states of living here and now. That these are not two places “somewhere” but are the result of living in the now’ heaven when we are living within the proper framework, and hell when we live not in harmony with the Universal Laws.
- We affirm that karma is simple causation. That we as individuals are responsible for our actions in that we give out that which we wish to be returned to us. This is, of course, the “Golden Rule.”
- We affirm that there is communication with the so-called “departed individuals,” under proper conditions, which can be used for the betterment of all mankind.
- We affirm that the Universe, both Physical and Spiritual had no beginning. It has always been and will always be.
- We affirm that the Universal Laws have been known by mankind since the earliest dawning of consciousness, and that it is these same laws which the great masters of the past have tried to bring into man’s active lives.